Wednesday, January 6, 2016

#GoalDigging - Competition 2015

Another competition season has come to an end. I can't believe how quickly it all goes once you get started. The hours and hours spent practicing in the off season seem unending, and the competition season is gone in the blink of an eye. R competed level 3 again this year while training level 4 (she competed one level 4 meet and will do another in February), and that was tough for her initially. She'd set a goal to compete level 4 - she told me she wanted to challenge herself; push herself to learn something new. I admired that, especially in a nine-year-old, but ultimately I'd say she got the best of both worlds. This season's team motto was #goaldigging. She had to reevaluate her goals, of course, but the focus on technique, and above all the growing confidence that I saw in my little girl, definitely made her initial frustration well worth it in the end - another reason I love our coaches. They definitely knew what was in her best interest in the long run. I'm so proud to say that this peanut, pictured here at the Chow's Flip For A Cure meet in October, trained two levels this year (along with two more #rockstar teammates), competed up a level against girls who had trained and competed that level all season (and podium'ed on vault), was a member of an undefeated level three team, and placed first on 3 of 4 events (she was runner up on floor), and first all around at the Iowa State Compulsory Championships in December. I can't wait to see what all the positive experiences this year will mean for her future! 

2 comments:

  1. It seems like she takes after her Momma with the goals and determination :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet - I try in my life, but I think she's passed me!

      Delete