Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Time for a Mommy Makeover

Okay, I'll admit it. Since I've been on maternity leave I've been spending most of my time in sweatpants and sweatshirts with no makeup. What's the point? I don't go anywhere, and if I do go out, it's to get groceries, and on the off chance I see people I know, they really only care about the baby anyway, right? I mean we've all experienced that as moms - that invisibility cloak that you apparently put on when you have a new baby? I'm kidding, sort of, but as I get ready to go back to work, it's time to think about how to put my best professional foot, and face, forward in 2018. For me this means updating my Mary Kay makeup collection!

For me this means picking up a few essentials.

1. Mary Kay Timewise Repair VoluFirm The Go Set - Since my job is primarily on the road, and I still want to be able to take great care of my skin, this travel size set is perfect to throw in my bag.

2. Stocking up on Lash Intensity mascara! If I put on no other makeup, I still take care of my eyes. My number one is eyeliner (I use MK Black) but next up is for sure the mascara that takes me to my happy place. For an uber thick lash look I layer the MK Lash Intesity with the Bare Minerals Lash Domination. With these I also stay stocked up on MK Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover!

3. Because I'm looking for a color pop during winter and something exciting for my fresh mommy look, I'm swapping out my traditional MK True Dimensions Lava Berry and going to try out the new MK Gel Semi-Shine Lipstick in Apple Berry and Luminous Lilac.

4. Because I'm a little insecure about my post-baby body still, I'm trying out two products I've heard fabulous things about - the MK Smooth Action Cellulite Gel Cream and the MK Targeted Action Toning Lotion.

5. To finish the look my go-to is the Finishing Spray by Skindinavia for an all day hold that makes sure I don't feel like a hot mess by 3:30!

Can't wait to share the new look with you when I head back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment