At camp last summer R got the nickname "DJ RyRy" - she loves picking out music and playing it for me when we drive, and her teammates liked the name. She compiled a list for our pre-meet drives this year, so I thought I'd share it. They don't all make sense to me, and some are just because she likes them, but it's her choice!
Rylee's pre-meet playlist:
1. Boom Clap, Charli XCX - This one is to set the tone and get excited
2. A Sky Full of Stars, Coldplay - Honestly? I think this one is because she likes astronomy...
3. All About That Bass, Meghan Trainor - This one holds a special memory. She fell at practice and hit her head, and after I said she needed more padding in her booty to break the fall, one of the people in the office started singing this song. Rylee smiles and remembers that moment every time we hear it!
4. Shake It Off, Taylor Swift - What happened on the last event or in the last practice doesn't matter, shake it off and do your best this time!
5. People Back Home, Florida Georgia Line - A reminder of all the people who love and support the journey
6. Timber, Pitbull - Hmm.... Just one she likes
7. Roar, Katy Perry - GIRL POWER!
8. Shower, Becky G - This one is just FUN
9. She Looks So Perfect, 5 Seconds of Summer - We want routines to look perfect
10. We Own It, 2 Chainz & Wiz Khalifa - OWN IT! Enough said.
11. Fancy, Iggy Azalea - Confidence booster
12. Get Your Shine On, Florida Georgia Line - This one is not about shining, but that's how we use it.
13. We R Who We R, Kesha - Confidence boost again
14. Bartender, Lady Antebellum - Again, I think she just likes this one...
15. People Back Home, Florida Georgia Line - Yep, we repeat this. It's an anthem.
16. Cruise, Florida Georgia Line w Nelly - For our drives
17. I Won't Give Up, Jason Mraz - Title gives the reason, lyrics, not so much
18. Cups, Anna Kendrick - What little girl (or older girl) isn't a fan of Pitch Perfect?
19. Happy, Pharrell Williams - SMILE!
20. Stronger, Kelly Clarkson - Keep pushing, keep going, #betteryourbest