- Charge the camera battery. Make sure your camera is charged, you have the right SD card (or insert appropriate term for your camera here), and maybe even an extra. iPhone-ography is great, but when I can I love having the hi-res photos at the end of the day.
- Pack food ahead of time. When we're on the road it's so easy to hit the gas station or fast food restaurant, but especially when we're talking about a) kids and b) kids who are athletes, the healthy diet is just as important when you're on the road as it is at home. I pack things like protein bars, dried fruit, and crackers - things that can just sit in the car. However, we also have a ton of little coolers to we can toss in sandwiches, bottled water, or string cheese.
- Have a shared calendar. My husband and I have a shared Google calendar. When we are running all kinds of crazy directions with different kids it's important that we know who is going where, and when. Our Google calendars sync automatically across devices, and help us stay organized.
- Bring extra clothes. Just because it's sunny at the gymnastics performance doesn't mean it won't be raining at the football game. I try to make sure that at the very least we have both sweatshirts and t-shirts along to prepare for variances in weather. Oh, and you have a baby/toddler along? Forget about it, you're packing 3 extra outfits for that child alone!
- Breathe and enjoy! Running around like crazy people is all part of raising kids who are involved in activities, but don't forget to enjoy the activities. Sometimes the running part is so stressful that you forget the fun part of it all. Once you're at the event take time to prepare, smile, take it all in, and enjoy the moment!
What tips would you add to the list? What helps you get through your crazy weekends?