Friday, May 29, 2015

So... you wanna go to Pella?


I think this photo collage really explains itself. However, let me spell it out for you.

*12:45pm, phone rings*
Michelle: So... do you want to go to Pella and get Dutch letters?
Me: Well, I have a meeting at 1:00 and a track meet at 5:30. If my meeting was done by 2:00... Let me Google it to see how far it is.
Michelle: Okay, call me back.

*12:50pm, call her back*
Me: It's an hour and forty minutes from my house. So if I can be done with my meeting by 1:30, and you're waiting in my driveway, and we just go straight there and back, it could work. What do you think?
Michelle: Let's do it.

1:30pm - Leave for Pella
3:20pm - Arrive at Jaarsma Bakery
3:40pm - Leave Pella
5:32pm - Arrive at track meet.

3+ hours in the car for a dozen Dutch letters and some cookies? Worth it.

So tell me friends, other than the obvious fun of road tripping with your sister, what Iowa hot spots and delicious treats have you driving all over our great state?

2 comments:

  1. I still have not been to Pella and would love too. Here's another reason why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that you two did this. I love doing fun day long road trips but have never done something quite that quickly and short.

    ReplyDelete