Thursday, April 2, 2015

April with The Gym Mom: King's Pointe, Container Gardening, Animal Rescues

In April we're headed to King's Pointe for a family weekend to celebrate a couple birthdays! R said that this year for her birthday she just wanted to spend time with her family, and also voted for hotel over party with friends. I don't know how many more of those requests I'll get, so I jumped on it! My work used to have a contract with King's Pointe in Storm Lake, so I'd had the opportunity a few times to visit for professional reasons. Last time the kids came with we spent our time playing on the beach and at the park (it was July). This time around, we're opting for the water park!

Our learning and making will come in the form of building and planting a container garden at our house. The kids often help their grandparents with plants and flowers at their houses in the summer, but I don't have much of a green thumb. In fact, I think I have a brown thumb. I could kill a fake plant. But we're going to do some research and give it a try anyway.

Finally, our April service activity will be working with animals again. We have an appointment with the animal rescue league of Iowa, and we'll be headed back to Kitty City with another donation and to play with the baby kitties they have available for adoption. It'll be another big month!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment