Monday, February 29, 2016

Catching Up With My Boys

A and I love BWW, football, and
creating together.
While we're running around with work, R's gymnastics, and dealing with her injury, I've tried to make extra efforts to catch up with my boys. One of the things I wish I was better at is nurturing the relationships I have with my children as individuals. In the world of chaos and time crunch, I try hard to be a great mom to my kids, but I also want to have good relationships as "Mom and R," "Mom and A," and "Mom and E."

E and I love snuggling in bed, sneaking
upstairs to find snacks, and wiping off
the other's kisses.
Take time with each of your children individually. Appreciate their personalities. Embrace their passions. R and I get a lot of bonding time on the road to and from the gym, or to and from the doctor, but I also need to be better about building our relationship outside of the gym schedule. Of course, sometimes it's easier to bond with my daughter, but I love the things I have in common with each of my babies. I'm going to keep working to embrace them as individuals, and I hope you will, too. It's not about being the best mom (or dad), but about being better than you were yesterday, the best you can be, and the best for your kid - remembering that that may look different from the neighbor next door, and even different from child to child.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a fantastic mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I don't always feel like it, but all we can do is keep trying to be better!

      Delete