Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Strength Training - Pool Therapy

Well, we're still dealing with the knee issue. It's been incredibly frustrating (R is taking it like a champ, I'm the one who is frustrated), but now we're working on trying to maintain range of motion and some strength while we continue to search for answers and healing.

We may live in a small town, but we're fortunate to have a local rec center nearby. I picked up a punch card that should get her into the pool 3-4 times a week for the next month (hopefully by then we'll have some next steps). We weren't given a lot of instructions, just "get her in the pool," so I took to "the Google."

I was able to find some great lower body exercises from Ohio State University that focus on strength training. I don't know if this is right or wrong, but it'll work for now. Thankfully, her MRI is scheduled for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment